COL-60 / 4-day Trip
Los Llanos is a vast area of an endless ocean of green grasslands Southeast from Bogota. It is teeming with wildlife and home to more than 100 species of mammals and more than 700 species of birds, as well as to some of the most endangered species on Earth, including the Orinoco crocodile, the Orinoco turtle, giant armadillo, giant otter, black-and-chestnut eagle and several species of catfish.
The flat, grassy plains make this region ideal for cattle grazing. The Colombian cowboys (Los Llaneros) spend long hours herding cattle on huge ranches, some of which are thousands of hectares in size. This very unique setting has created a unique culture with its own music and traditions–very different from “mainstream” Colombia. The local population is associated with their distinctive straw hats, rodeos, the joropo dance and their folk music known as “música llanera”. During this tour you are will visit a real rancho adapted to receive tourism.
|Day 1||Yopal: Juan Solito Farm|
|Day 2||Wildlife Safari|
|Day 3||Hato Aurora and Ranching|
|Day 4||Departure from Juan Solito|
Yopal: Juan Solito Farm
Arrival to Juan Solito in the afternoon. Juan Solito is a traditional former cattle farm accommodated to receive tourism. It is part of Hato la Aurora, a reserve that covers 16,000 hectares. Given the remote location, the lodge offers some great wildlife viewing, especially of native and migration birds, caiman, wild pigs, deer, capybara, anteaters and and cats such as puma, jaguar, ocelot and jaguarundi. Reptiles such as iguanas and huge anacondas (5-7m in length) are abundant too. During the stay at Juan Solito, you’ll get a feel for the way of life in los llanos too, with its distinctive traditional music, food and cowboys.
Hato Aurora & Ranching
Departure from Juan Solito
- Local Spanish speaking guide during all tours
- Private transport in Casanare
- All activities mentioned in the program
- 3 nights in shared double rooms in lodge
- All meals at the lodge as specified in the day to day itinerary
- Domestic flights BOG-EYP-BOG. Approx. price per person: 150 USD
- Airport transfers to/from the airport in Bogota
- Meals not mentioned in the program
- Alcoholic and soft drinks
- Personal expenses
- Optional: Private English speaking Guide. Price: 550 USD
- Everything not mentioned in the “Included” list
CASANARE: Ecolodge Juan Solito