Soray Peak 5446 m, Salkantay Trek
& Macchu Pichu in Cordillera Vilcabamba
PER-21 / 7-day trip / Grade: F
The Vilcabamba range offers a wide variety of possibilities for both trekkers and climber alike. The Cerro Soray and Salkantay trek, is the perfect combination of both mountain activities, ending up at one of the world’s most important archeological sites: Macchu Picchu.
Cerro Soray is a perfect mountain to climb for beginners and strong trekkers. The ascent does not have difficult technical sections, but it does offer a nice glacier crossing to reach the summit. The summit has spectacular views of all the surrounding mountains including Salkantay. After the ascent, the famous Salkantay’s trail crosses over the Abra Salkantay pass (4650 m) heading down to the Urubamba valley.
This is a very interesting program for those seeking adventure and culture!
|Day 1||Cusco – Soray Pampa (3888 M)|
|Day 2||Base Camp (4924 m)|
|Day 3||Climb: Soray Peak (5446 m)|
|Day 4||Abra Salkantay Pass (4650 m)|
|Day 5||Santa Teresa (1500 m)|
|Day 6||Aguas Calientes (2100 m)|
|Day 7||Machu Picchu (2450 m)– Cusco|
Cusco – Soray Pampa (3888 M)
NOTE: It is very important to have spent at least 2 nights in Cusco or similar altitude, before starting this program.
Base Camp (4924 m)
Climb: Soray Peak (5446 m)
Abra Salkantay Pass (4650 m)
Santa Teresa (1500 m)
Aguas Calientes (2100 m)
Machu Picchu (2450 m) – Cusco
- Local English speaking mountain guide during the entire program (guide ratio: 1 guide per 3 clients)
- Entrance and Official Tourist Guide in Machu Picchu
- Private transportation throughout the entire program (some are local transports)
- 1 night in shared double rooms in Aguas Calientes
- High quality mountain tents in campsites (some place cabins when available)
- Pack animals for common and personal equipment
- Meals as specified in the day to day itinerary
- Domestic and international flights
- Personal climbing and camping equipment
- Everything not mentioned in the “Included” list
AGUAS CALIENTES: Hotel Presidente 3* (no website) or similar